Sunday, January 20, 2008

Archive This!




So I once had a friend who told me that drawing and using materials that werent archival was a waste of time so you could imagine my surprise when I walked into a museum and saw some guy drawing on the floor with water. Fine, it was really a video projection of some guy drawing on the floor with water which I guess defeats my first sentence but... somehow, some way I couldnt shake off the feeling I had seen this before. Sure, it was interesting watching the drawings disappear as the water evaporated but...this was hella contrive! or maybe I am just getting old...or been to too many art shows. Yet, I must admit it was way more interesting watching some kids and their parents see some video projection of some man getting hanged in the previous room. Then again thats something an artsy fartsy person would say...

No comments: